Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is Hip Hop's Biggest Threat?

+20
The City (Ain't No Love)
y0ungg_m0ney
Professor Knowledge
AJ
OpenMindFreelyThinking
Greenz
Sickology101
WavinGunz@Nunz
4 life
Clayton Bigsby
Reeding Intuition #20
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
ChapterBlack
everypairsince85
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
KufiSmacke®
HST
Paul Bearer (Vikings 3-0)
ROFL_GUY
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What Is Hip Hop's Biggest Threat? Empty What Is Hip Hop's Biggest Threat?

Post by Giraffe Ribs N Collards 2009-09-29, 2:51 pm

Do you see anything GREATLY souring the effectiveness, quality and environment of Hip Hop?!?
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

What Is Hip Hop's Biggest Threat? Empty Re: What Is Hip Hop's Biggest Threat?

Post by ROFL_GUY 2009-09-29, 2:52 pm

BP3 style beats... and DRAKE talking flows
ROFL_GUY
ROFL_GUY
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Bearer (Vikings 3-0) 2009-09-29, 2:52 pm

Pop rappers

Back to top Go down

Post by HST 2009-09-29, 2:53 pm

The threat is already here. We're using it now....lol
HST
HST
TRILLA!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/Habib24202

Back to top Go down

Post by KufiSmacke® 2009-09-29, 2:53 pm

Gucci Mane, OJ da Juiceman etc? Laughing dunno
Skinny wearing fags etc.
BP3 is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> alot of todays rap
KufiSmacke®
KufiSmacke®
TRILLA!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneCold (F.P.C.) 2009-09-29, 2:54 pm

ring tone rappers
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Giraffe Ribs N Collards 2009-09-29, 2:55 pm

I'm going to say the fans.
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by ROFL_GUY 2009-09-29, 2:58 pm

Giraffe Ribs N Collards wrote:I'm going to say the fans.

that is the problem.. all the new rappers ex: DRAKE dont have real "fans" they wont cop his album..

they listen to his shit cuz there brainwashed from his shit being on the radio 1000 times a day..
ROFL_GUY
ROFL_GUY
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by everypairsince85 2009-09-29, 3:01 pm

us as fans we too devided on what we like and are rarely open mind to new sounds,songs and different types of flows without it being considered trash.everybody likes to scream for rappers to take it back to this and that but for what?this is a new era new generation so we need to accept and embrace the change thats come or is coming.
everypairsince85
everypairsince85

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-09-29, 3:01 pm

Support of Wack Rappers, lack of artist development teams at record labels (which is why you'll have plenty of artists who can spit a dope freestyle, but can't make a song for shyt)

I honestly can't say the fans because alot of em are stupid, regardless of genre. They'll listen to whatever's on the radio and not be curious to look for more. They generate money, but it's for the wrong artists because many wack rappers are on the radio. It's up to the labels to develop well-rounded artists and the artists themselves to be well-rounded to contribute to the success of hip-hop, and if good artists make it on the mainstream level, hip-hop thrives, because casual listeners will hear it if it's on the radio.
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-29, 3:03 pm

Lack of vision and originality, little desire to pay respect or homage to the past
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Reeding Intuition #20 2009-09-29, 3:59 pm

MyfriendscallmeMrParker wrote:Lack of vision and originality, little desire to pay respect or homage to the past

*******EDIT********
Reeding Intuition #20
Reeding Intuition #20

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-09-29, 4:06 pm

I'm curious to hear you expound on that statement
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by 4 life 2009-09-29, 4:07 pm

labels releasing bullshit music, whats commercial should be underground and whats underground should be commercial IMO, but labels dont wanna see it that way
4 life
4 life
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Giraffe Ribs N Collards 2009-09-29, 4:14 pm

ChapterBlack wrote:Support of Wack Rappers, lack of artist development teams at record labels (which is why you'll have plenty of artists who can spit a dope freestyle, but can't make a song for shyt)

I honestly can't say the fans because alot of em are stupid, regardless of genre. They'll listen to whatever's on the radio and not be curious to look for more. They generate money, but it's for the wrong artists because many wack rappers are on the radio. It's up to the labels to develop well-rounded artists and the artists themselves to be well-rounded to contribute to the success of hip-hop, and if good artists make it on the mainstream level, hip-hop thrives, because casual listeners will hear it if it's on the radio.

Its not up to the labels. If anything, everybody who takes a genuine liking to Hip Hop should be held accountable for HIP HOP. The labels are just there to make their money. Artist development supplied by a record label isnt going to solve the problem. Artist Development comes from the Hip Hop community itself.

This is another threat, the emcees themselves.

The emcees walk around with little to no musicianship. Yes, even the lyrically inclined emcees. There's a chance that a lot of fans don't listen to your favorite emcee because he/she lacks personality as an emcee and/or the music lacks personality. And I know this for a fact because a lot of these underground rappers yap about "real hip hop is this, that and the third", however, their music is stale as dry cereal left unsealed overnight. All lyrics, underwhelming production, bland song structuring. Hey, some fans might not be as stupid as you think they are. Yes, a lot of fans are illiterate, one track minded, ignorant and absent minded. But on the other hand, a lot of fans aren't.

I feel emcees need to step up and recommit themselves to being emcees and true artists.
I feel fans need to step up and recommit themselves to being fans, real supporters and develop unique tastes and not groupies/followers.
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-09-29, 4:17 pm

Giraffe Ribs N Collards wrote:

Its not up to the labels. If anything, everybody who takes a genuine liking to Hip Hop should be held accountable for HIP HOP. The labels are just there to make their money. Artist development supplied by a record label isnt going to solve the problem. Artist Development comes from the Hip Hop community itself.

The emcees walk around with little to no musicianship. Yes, even the lyrically inclined emcees. There's a chance that a lot of fans don't listen to your favorite emcee because he/she lacks personality as an emcee and/or the music lacks personality. And I know this for a fact because a lot of these underground rappers yap about "real hip hop is this, that and the third", however, their music is stale as dry cereal left unsealed overnight. All lyrics, underwhelming production, bland song structuring. Hey, some fans might not be as stupid as you think they are. Yes, a lot of fans are illiterate, one track minded, ignorant and absent minded. But on the other hand, a lot of fans aren't.

I feel emcees need to step up and recommit themselves to being emcees and true artists.
I feel fans need to step up and recommit themselves to being fans, real supporters and develop unique tastes and not groupies/followers.

POWERFUL POST
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by WavinGunz@Nunz 2009-09-29, 4:19 pm

MyfriendscallmeMrParker wrote:Lack of vision and originality, little desire to pay respect or homage to the past

cosign.
WavinGunz@Nunz
WavinGunz@Nunz

Back to top Go down

Post by Giraffe Ribs N Collards 2009-09-29, 4:27 pm

Clayton Bigsby wrote:

I'm curious to hear you expound on that statement

Fans need to REALLY support the music and their favorite artists because ultimately, they decide the fate of Hip Hop. The fans determine the climate in Hip Hop, not the labels. For real, the emcees don't even determine the climate of Hip Hop to a certain extent.

If Skyzoo, Canibus, De La Soul, The Roots, Lupe, Raekwon or whoever else sells 500,000 within a month, that is whats going to be pushed. All the D-Boy'ing, Dancing or whatever else is popping at the moment would be old news...for the time being. Why? Because thats the fans doing. Not Mr. Lubatwicitz who holds an exec spot with XYZ Records.

This is a different day in time. You don't need to search the cracks and crevices to see who's coming out when. I understand that people have different tastes in music. But the fans have to take the blame when you see someone like Raekwon sell only a little over 60K the first week. Theres Wu Tang Warriors everywhere, how does homie only sell THAT amount of records?

Simple as put, ain't nobody trying to buy records. It cracks me up that people blame piracy. If you REALLY like the artist AND the music is dope, why WOULDNT you go out and purchase it?!? Because you're broke?!? Cop the single on Itunes for 99-1.99 each or listen to a stream...lol i dont even feel like getting into that.

Rock is still selling, country is still selling, pop is still selling and even some gospel is selling. Hip Hop fans, where you at?
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-09-29, 4:35 pm

I agree about underground/mixtape rappers being bland too. Most of em aren't trash at making freestyles, but they couldn't make a good song to save their lives. Which is why I'm glad I can download mixtapes for free legally.

As far as labels, yeah that's true. Can't really blame the labels when they don't care to begin with.

I still don't expect much from fans though, except that the ones that know better should buy good albums instead of pirating the shyt.
Casual listeners are going to be casual listeners. It shocked me once when I asked my supervisor why she was listening to some bs artist that was on the radio at the time, and she said "Because I have nothing else to listen to" I was like, "WTF?" Look for something then! Alot of people who are supposed to be hip-hop heads are really casual listeners too that don't buy albums. In the end, it may just depend on rappers themselves to take the art form seriously and be dedicated being well-rounded artists, and to expand their tastes in music.
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Giraffe Ribs N Collards 2009-09-29, 4:45 pm

ChapterBlack wrote:

I agree about underground/mixtape rappers being bland too. Most of em aren't trash at making freestyles, but they couldn't make a good song to save their lives. Which is why I'm glad I can download mixtapes for free legally.

As far as labels, yeah that's true. Can't really blame the labels when they don't care to begin with.

I still don't expect much from fans though, except that the ones that know better should buy good albums instead of pirating the shyt.
Casual listeners are going to be casual listeners. It shocked me once when I asked my supervisor why she was listening to some bs artist that was on the radio at the time, and she said "Because I have nothing else to listen to" I was like, "WTF?" Look for something then! Alot of people who are supposed to be hip-hop heads are really casual listeners too that don't buy albums. In the end, it may just depend on rappers themselves to take the art form seriously and be dedicated being well-rounded artists, and to expand their tastes in music.

Yeah, and that includes younger people too. When I was 10-14, I was just listening to what everybody else was listening to. But I was always a R&B head. So, we have to cut the younger folks slack because a lot of us aren't born Hip Hop heads. Coming out of the womb like, "Why yall playing this elevator music to a birth? Throw Fetus or I Wish on, niggaz!"

But emcees need to up they songwriting game though. Verses, bridges, hooks, everything.
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickology101 2009-09-29, 4:52 pm

StoneCold (F.P.C.) wrote:ring tone rappers

Yep....getting tired of these rappers putting out these crappy songs just to get a hit....
Sickology101
Sickology101

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-09-29, 4:53 pm

lol I agree. I'm still young, but by the time I heard of classic albums like Reasonable Doubt and Illmatic, I wanted to hear them. So I went and listened, and was amazed. Then I started searching for more classics, and more underground acts. But I'm just that type of person. If I'm interested in something, I will thoroughly investigate the hell out of it, and then some.

As far as emcees, yup. Gotta agree on that.
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-09-29, 4:54 pm

Right now I have to say the "corny dance songs" are a real threat too

Do the Rick Bobby? C'mon Son

*inserts ed lover gif*
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenz 2009-09-29, 4:55 pm

Mainstream Rappers Afraid To Be Different From One Another
Greenz

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenMindFreelyThinking 2009-09-29, 5:23 pm

Beef, arrogance, pride, fame and money is what the threat is. When niggas beef, the music suffers. When niggas want to be arrogant and prideful, the music suffers. When niggas want money and will throw another artist under the bus or step on people to get to a certain place, and forget where they came from once they get shine, the music suffers.
OpenMindFreelyThinking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next