Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how come battle rappers cant make an album?

+11
jkpnyc
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
P.Nom
HST
infamous-wunz
4 life
EscoMosDefShady
Clayton Bigsby
ChapterBlack
ROFL_GUY
y0ungg_m0ney
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

how come battle rappers cant make an album? Empty how come battle rappers cant make an album?

Post by y0ungg_m0ney 2009-09-29, 11:23 pm

forreal, artist such as Jae Millz, Murda Mook, Jin, Serious Jones, Reed Dollaz can't make an album, yet a good song . is it because their not signed to the right labels or something?
y0ungg_m0ney
y0ungg_m0ney
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

how come battle rappers cant make an album? Empty Re: how come battle rappers cant make an album?

Post by ROFL_GUY 2009-09-29, 11:25 pm

i guess EM the only one who has BATTLE skills that can make GREAT albums...

waits for nikkas to hate.....

you know its the truth....
ROFL_GUY
ROFL_GUY
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

how come battle rappers cant make an album? Empty Re: how come battle rappers cant make an album?

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-09-29, 11:25 pm

Label politics. And I can't say I've heard anything stellar from any of the artists you've posted.
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-09-29, 11:26 pm

Cause they don't know how to make good songs. They specialize in metaphors, similes, and personal insults, not good music.
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by EscoMosDefShady 2009-09-29, 11:27 pm

Eminem
Royce
Budden
Immortal Technique
DMX
Jay-Z
EscoMosDefShady
EscoMosDefShady

Back to top Go down

Post by 4 life 2009-09-29, 11:28 pm

Two battle rappers should just make an album going at each other on every song, would make it more interesting since thats what they do best
4 life
4 life
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by infamous-wunz 2009-09-29, 11:30 pm

CHeck out serius jones KING ME mixtape it album quallity material homie.
infamous-wunz
infamous-wunz

Back to top Go down

Post by HST 2009-09-29, 11:30 pm

Battle rappers albums dont consist of every song going at somebody.....plus the notion that they cant make "albums" or "songs" is just an opinion
HST
HST
TRILLA!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/Habib24202

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-09-29, 11:31 pm

HST wrote:Battle rappers albums dont consist of every song going at somebody.....plus the notion that they cant make "albums" or "songs" is just an opinion

But for the most part they can't

None of the freestyle friday or fight klub niggas have made good music
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by HST 2009-09-29, 11:32 pm

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
HST wrote:Battle rappers albums dont consist of every song going at somebody.....plus the notion that they cant make "albums" or "songs" is just an opinion

I aint talkin about them---lmao...
HST
HST
TRILLA!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-09-29, 11:35 pm

HST wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:

Ok, so what recent battle rappers have found musical success?
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ROFL_GUY 2009-09-29, 11:36 pm

HST wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:

you could be the BEST MC in the world dont mean ur a GOOD ARTIST
ROFL_GUY
ROFL_GUY
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-09-29, 11:38 pm

On the average, most battle rappers fail to have the ability to write songs, period
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by HST 2009-09-29, 11:39 pm

Clayton Bigsby wrote:On the average, most battle rappers fail to have the ability to write songs, period

what kind of songs do you mean?
HST
HST
TRILLA!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ROFL_GUY 2009-09-29, 11:40 pm

Clayton Bigsby wrote:On the average, most battle rappers fail to have the ability to write songs, period

C/S to the fullest
ROFL_GUY
ROFL_GUY
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by HST 2009-09-29, 11:41 pm

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
HST wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:

when you say success im guess you mean album sales.....album sales dont equal good music all the time.....and most of the artist I like dont realy sell, but that doesnt take away from their work
HST
HST
TRILLA!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-09-29, 11:45 pm

HST wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:
HST wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:

when you say success im guess you mean album sales.....album sales dont equal good music all the time.....and most of the artist I like dont realy sell, but that doesnt take away from their work

Naw I'm not defining success as sales. I just mean quality music and overall relevance.
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by P.Nom 2009-09-29, 11:55 pm

cuz a dope song ain't just about 3 verses and a hook. song structure is one of the most important things about makin a complete joint. since they're used to just spittin long ass verses, it's hard for them to even make a complete 16 without puttin too much or too less into its content-- let alone knowing the right place where to put bridges, comin up with the right flow for the hook, etc.
P.Nom
P.Nom

http://www.myspace.com/paranommusic

Back to top Go down

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-29, 11:58 pm

this is pretty much it, endless punchlines are cool but they are not the same as a song with a cohesive structure sound and hook
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by HST 2009-09-30, 12:00 am

For all of you, this all goes back to the thread I made about Albums I understand that nobody else seems to....lol. We have are own definitions of what I song is supposedly. Theres no answer.
HST
HST
TRILLA!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jkpnyc 2009-09-30, 12:01 am

remy ma made a dope ass album idc what no one says if u aint think it was at least solid then u prolly never heard it
jkpnyc

Back to top Go down

Post by *locksmith* 2009-09-30, 12:03 am

most of them are not great lyricists that have the capabilities to create a cohesive song . punchlines in every freestyle or premediated lyrics are pretty much randoms lyrics without a content . rappers like papoose and murda mook are punchlines rappers that lack a coherent skill in order to create a song..
*locksmith*
*locksmith*

Back to top Go down

Post by HST 2009-09-30, 12:07 am

*locksmith* wrote:most of them are not great lyricists that have the capabilities to create a cohesive song . punchlines in every freestyle or premediated lyrics are pretty much randoms lyrics without a content . rappers like papoose and murda mook are punchlines rappers that lack a coherent skill in order to create a song..

but see thats why theres no answer for this...because what is your example of song?.....I look at the Law Library songs he made as a few examples of great songs by Papoose.....
HST
HST
TRILLA!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by 9th Ave. (Til_Infinity) 2009-09-30, 12:10 am

Skyzoo
9th Ave. (Til_Infinity)
9th Ave. (Til_Infinity)
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by *locksmith* 2009-09-30, 12:17 am

HST wrote:
*locksmith* wrote:most of them are not great lyricists that have the capabilities to create a cohesive song . punchlines in every freestyle or premediated lyrics are pretty much randoms lyrics without a content . rappers like papoose and murda mook are punchlines rappers that lack a coherent skill in order to create a song..

but see thats why theres no answer for this...because what is your example of song?.....I look at the Law Library songs he made as a few examples of great songs by Papoose.....

a song is a music composition with a content .. in order for a song to have an coherent structure the lyrics and the flow have to correspond to the topic of the song .. the song don't have to be about politics or have any deep meanings to it . it could be about anything as long as the artist stick to the topic and deliever superb performance .
*locksmith*
*locksmith*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum