Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook Lopez could eventually become better than Dwight Howard

4 posters

Go down

Brook Lopez could eventually become better than Dwight Howard Empty Brook Lopez could eventually become better than Dwight Howard

Post by King P 2009-10-04, 9:01 pm

I posted this in the Cheap Seats last week and basically got ridiculed with no logical responses to prove my point wrong. So let's give it a go here, so how things work.

I know it sounds crazy but hear me out. Although it sounds far-fetched, it may not be that far off. And I will explain why:

Offense - Lopez is already light years ahead of Howard on the offensive side. He has good post up moves and has a jumper, 2 things that Howard doesnt have. Lopez is also more reliable at the free throw line. Last year, Lopez was 80% at the line. In NBA history, only one Center has shot better at the line in his rookie season (Yao Ming - 82%). The only reason Dwight Howard scores more is because of his amazing strength and athleticism which allows him to get rebounds and putbacks.

Defense - Both are great defenders. Both can block shots and grab boards. Howard is a better defender, but Lopez isnt far behind and will only continue to get better. He just needs to stop being overaggressive and getting into foul trouble. But then again, all centers do that from time to time.

Stats - This is really the one thing that makes Howard better than Lopez. Howard has been in the NBA for 5 years while Lopez has only played 1 year. However let's take a look at their rookie stats:

Howard - 12ppg, 10rpg, 1.7 bpg, 0.9 apg, 67ft%
Lopez - 13ppg, 8rpg, 1.8 bpg, 1apg, 80ft%

Lopez as a rookie is right where Howard is at as a rookie, you could even make a case for Lopez being a better rookie. And Lopez will most likely only continue to get better.

Now i'm not saying that its a definite that Lopez will be better than Howard, but it's not out of the realm of possibilty. Don't be surprised if Lopez just becomes a superstar in the NBA within the next 3 years.
King P
King P

Back to top Go down

Brook Lopez could eventually become better than Dwight Howard Empty Re: Brook Lopez could eventually become better than Dwight Howard

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-10-04, 9:07 pm

Hmmmmmm.

I'll say this...He could become a more complete player than Howard, but i don't think he'll ever be quite the Defensive Force that Howard is.....

Another thing I'll say, is that if Howard doesn't develop a post game, learn to play with his back to the basket, then he'll be in trouble not only when he loses his quickness and strength, but also every single time he faces a playoff opponent that is defensively skilled and can play good team defense....the perimeter game goes away the deeper you get into the playoffs, which allows the Defense to sag, clog the lane, and help out more with impact players like Dwight........that's a slight tangent there, but my point ultimately is, that Lopez will only ever become a more valuable player if he maximizes his potential and Howard hits a wall in his offensive development....
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brook Lopez could eventually become better than Dwight Howard Empty Re: Brook Lopez could eventually become better than Dwight Howard

Post by CutThroatBalla 2009-10-04, 9:44 pm

Anything is possible, Howard has some glaring flaws in his game. Like WIRR said he could be more of a complete player. Several things are lacking from Howard's game at this point.
CutThroatBalla
CutThroatBalla

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-10-04, 9:49 pm

this is def a possibility....as its been said before he could really become a better all around player because dwight howard lacks in so many areas....

that being said i dont think he will ever be more valuable to his team than howard due to howards physical attributes...
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum