Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there any artists that are truly the "future" of R&B?

+6
Sickology101
lakersandravens
Life On Wax
Juttaz
It's Like Silent Murder..
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
10 posters

Go down

Are there any artists that are truly the "future" of R&B? Empty Are there any artists that are truly the "future" of R&B?

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-28, 9:48 pm

I mean there's no big sellers anymore really, Chris Brown could have carried the torch...but that ain't happening, Ne-Yo is still doing his thing but he's over 30 I believe (not that that's old, but just saying). What's good with this Jermiah guy?
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Are there any artists that are truly the "future" of R&B? Empty Re: Are there any artists that are truly the "future" of R&B?

Post by It's Like Silent Murder.. 2009-09-28, 9:50 pm

I don't even know, most of the R&B artists that are dropping albums now have been in the game for quite some time already.

.....smh and lol at your sig.
Swagga Less Monkey

https://www.youtube.com/user/nkzerog

Back to top Go down

Are there any artists that are truly the "future" of R&B? Empty Re: Are there any artists that are truly the "future" of R&B?

Post by Juttaz 2009-09-28, 9:58 pm

Omarion is the future. *Hides*
Juttaz
Juttaz
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-28, 9:59 pm

Juttaz wrote:Omarion is the future. *Hides*

Omarion.

Trey Songz

.... Drake?
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Juttaz 2009-09-28, 10:02 pm

Life On Wax wrote:
Juttaz wrote:Omarion is the future. *Hides*

Omarion.

Trey Songz

.... Drake?

Trey is really the only one i see as the future. R&B died after confessions to me..lol
Juttaz
Juttaz
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-28, 10:02 pm

smh at what has happened to chris brown.....hopefully he can recover

if not....the future doesnt look bright at all
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickology101 2009-09-28, 10:34 pm

Jermiah put out that Birthday Sex song but haven't heard any other singles.....Trey Songz, and if CB can recover he'll be part of the future
Sickology101
Sickology101

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-28, 10:43 pm

birthday sex was a horrible song
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickology101 2009-09-28, 10:49 pm

lakersandravens wrote:birthday sex was a horrible song

I liked that song but once I stopped hearing it on the radio and shit I stopped listening to it.....
Sickology101
Sickology101

Back to top Go down

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-28, 11:40 pm

male or female...is anybody really popping?
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-29, 12:13 am

lol I guess not.
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by superfluousloquacity 2009-09-29, 6:26 am

Trey songz is a threat...niggas just don't know it yet. He hungry and niggas make the best music when they hungry. Not to mention his Covers of other r & B songs be killing the original artist's version. oh and he punked r.kelly. lol
superfluousloquacity
superfluousloquacity
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-30, 12:59 am

I forgot about the Dream. Nigga is the truth, his first two albums are personal faves of mine.

"Ditch that nigga"
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Giraffe Ribs N Collards 2009-09-30, 10:20 am

I think Omarion is cool. So is Trey Songz.

But I dont see anyone making a classic R&B album on par with the albums that were released back in the 70s, 80s, some parts of the 90s and SOME of the 2000s.

It's like R&B singers took the attitude of rappers.
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by A P D 2009-09-30, 12:35 pm

superfluousloquacity wrote:Trey songz is a threat...niggas just don't know it yet. He hungry and niggas make the best music when they hungry. Not to mention his Covers of other r & B songs be killing the original artist's version. oh and he punked r.kelly. lol

C/S!!!!

Chris Brown don't count - He's a pop star

I guess I'm the only person who never cared for Neyo ....he doesnt have much range and he got some hit songs but he has no "soul" in his music (imo)

Dream can't sing for shit Mad ....sorry.
A P D
A P D

Back to top Go down

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-30, 12:54 pm

A P D wrote:
superfluousloquacity wrote:Trey songz is a threat...niggas just don't know it yet. He hungry and niggas make the best music when they hungry. Not to mention his Covers of other r & B songs be killing the original artist's version. oh and he punked r.kelly. lol

C/S!!!!

I guess I'm the only person who never cared for Neyo ....he doesnt have much range and he got some hit songs but he has no "soul" in his music (imo)

well a lot of niggas can't sing...but they still make good music. Hell we all know Christina Aguliera has a better voice than Brittany Spears but who makes better music?
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by y0ungg_m0ney 2009-09-30, 2:19 pm

trey songz
ne-yo
pleasure p
the dream
y0ungg_m0ney
y0ungg_m0ney
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by superfluousloquacity 2009-09-30, 2:20 pm

Trey Songz and Pleasure P are running shit
superfluousloquacity
superfluousloquacity
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by A P D 2009-09-30, 4:22 pm

MyfriendscallmeMrParker wrote:
A P D wrote:

C/S!!!!

well a lot of niggas can't sing...but they still make good music. Hell we all know Christina Aguliera has a better voice than Brittany Spears but who makes better music?

Are you implying that B Spears makes better music than Christina? She might be more popular but "Oops I did it again" ??????? really?
A P D
A P D

Back to top Go down

Post by A P D 2009-09-30, 5:35 pm

honorable mention: Lloyd
A P D
A P D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down