Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here I Stand by Usher is a Modern Classic

+8
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
naptownkid
superfluousloquacity
Life On Wax
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
It's Like Silent Murder..
Juttaz
CutThroatBalla
12 posters

Go down

Here I Stand by Usher is a Modern Classic Empty Here I Stand by Usher is a Modern Classic

Post by CutThroatBalla 2009-09-29, 12:17 am

Fuck it, its better than Confessions. It has some of Usher's best songs, his singing dramatically improved on the album, production and lyrics are dope. Its a well rounded album, a modern day R & B classic imo...What Yall think of it?
CutThroatBalla
CutThroatBalla

Back to top Go down

Here I Stand by Usher is a Modern Classic Empty Re: Here I Stand by Usher is a Modern Classic

Post by Juttaz 2009-09-29, 12:24 am

CutThroatBalla wrote:Fuck it, its better than Confessions. It has some of Usher's best songs, his singing dramatically improved on the album, production and lyrics are dope. Its a well rounded album, a modern day R & B classic imo...What Yall think of it?

Stopped Reading Shocked
Juttaz
Juttaz
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Here I Stand by Usher is a Modern Classic Empty Re: Here I Stand by Usher is a Modern Classic

Post by It's Like Silent Murder.. 2009-09-29, 12:26 am

I never listened to it
Swagga Less Monkey

https://www.youtube.com/user/nkzerog

Back to top Go down

Post by CutThroatBalla 2009-09-29, 12:27 am

It's Like Silent Murder.. wrote:I never listened to it

Check it out, its alot more mature than Confessions. Its more mature vocally, content wise etc.
CutThroatBalla
CutThroatBalla

Back to top Go down

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-29, 12:33 am

better than Confessions? you trippin Cutthroat, that's the seminal Usher album...Confessiosn just got too many bangers and classic material. BTW Moving mountains is garbage.
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by CutThroatBalla 2009-09-29, 12:37 am

MyfriendscallmeMrParker wrote:better than Confessions? you trippin Cutthroat, that's the seminal Usher album...Confessiosn just got too many bangers and classic material. BTW Moving mountains is garbage.

moving mountains was dope. I honestly like Here I stand better than Confessions. I be feelin all depressed and shit after listenin to confessions, takes me back to some shit I went through with this one chick....memories
CutThroatBalla
CutThroatBalla

Back to top Go down

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-29, 1:14 am

CutThroatBalla wrote:
MyfriendscallmeMrParker wrote:better than Confessions? you trippin Cutthroat, that's the seminal Usher album...Confessiosn just got too many bangers and classic material. BTW Moving mountains is garbage.

moving mountains was dope. I honestly like Here I stand better than Confessions. I be feelin all depressed and shit after listenin to confessions, takes me back to some shit I went through with this one chick....memories
so because Confessions gives you bad memories it's not as good of an album as Here I stand? lol
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-29, 3:49 am

CutThroatBalla wrote:Fuck it, its better than Confessions. It has some of Usher's best songs, his singing dramatically improved on the album, production and lyrics are dope. Its a well rounded album, a modern day R & B classic imo...What Yall think of it?

Better than Confessions? Really? Wow.

Never heard anyone say that.

Im checking this out ASAP.
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by superfluousloquacity 2009-09-29, 3:53 am

IMO Here I Stand>>>Confessions

Usher is quite obviously on his grown man now and I can really relate to what he saying. Moving Mountains hits home.
superfluousloquacity
superfluousloquacity
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by naptownkid 2009-09-29, 9:21 am

it's just a grown up usher, i thought that is what the album was about, because it was heavy on the jazz side
naptownkid
naptownkid

Back to top Go down

Post by Giraffe Ribs N Collards 2009-09-29, 11:27 am

Its a good album, just like confessions.

But its not a classic homie, sorry lol.
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-29, 1:09 pm

to the people who said it was better than confessions: NO.

but i do think its a classic and better than 8701
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Juttaz 2009-09-29, 1:12 pm

8701 Wasnt even that great to me, so Here i Stand gets the edge up
Juttaz
Juttaz
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-29, 4:11 pm

Niggas shitting on Ushers catalog now?
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by A P D 2009-09-29, 9:51 pm

Naw I actually agree. I just think people dismissed it cuz it didn't live up to the "confessions" hype. His voice is damn near flawless on it and I think years from now songs like "Here I Stand" , "His mistakes" etc... will be career highlights for him
A P D
A P D

Back to top Go down

Post by Jinx Moneypenny 2009-09-30, 3:50 pm

No
Here I Stand is NOT that shit... it has no bearing on Confessions. Mainly because with Confessions I can listen to it straight through without skipping.
Jinx Moneypenny
Jinx Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post by superfluousloquacity 2009-10-03, 10:12 pm

Here I Stand is a classic hands down...one of the best r and b cd's in years
superfluousloquacity
superfluousloquacity
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by MizzNonChalant 2009-10-06, 9:57 pm

ok so I had to listen to it but yea I like the grown man side he bringin out
MizzNonChalant
MizzNonChalant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum