Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nas' Open Letter To Young Warriors in Chicago

+5
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
naptownkid
Sickology101
HST
One Angry Black Man
9 posters

Go down

Nas' Open Letter To Young Warriors in Chicago Empty Nas' Open Letter To Young Warriors in Chicago

Post by One Angry Black Man 2009-09-29, 4:37 pm

"Dear Young Warriors fighting the wrong wars! Killing each other is definitely played out. Being hurt from the lost of a love one was never cool.

Dear Young Warriors fighting the wrong war! I know that feeling, that frustration with life and needing to take it out on someone, any one. But....

We chose the dumbest things to go the hardest for. I remember seeing deaths over 8 ball jackets, Fila sneakers, and name plate chains. Deaths over "he say, she say"!!!!! "I'm from this block or I'm from that block", or "my moms n pops is f*cked up now the whole world gotta pay"!!!

I remember feeling like I was the hardest "n*gga" breathing. And I couldn't wait to prove it. But let's think. What are we really proving?? And proving what to who?? Everybody knows Chicago breeds the strongest of the strong but I just feel, me, being ya brother from another state feels your pain as if I grew up with you in ya very own household.

You have the ability and mindpower to change they way we are looked at. Look who's watching us young warriors, look who's throwing us in jail constantly, look at the ignorance in the world. Look at the racist dogs who love to see us down. Loving to bury us in the ground or in jail where we continue this worthless war on one another.

Young warriors.... We are WASTING more and more time. We gotta get on our jobs and take over the world. Cuz this movie left the theaters years ago, Juice, Menace, Boys n the Hood , Blood n Blood Out, Belly!

When we see each other why do we see hatred? Why were we born in a storm, born soldiers, WARRIORS....and instead of building each other up we are at war with each other.. May the soul of this young person find peace with the almighty. I'm with you young warriors. You're me and I'm you. But trust me! you are fighting the wrong war."

This is what just happen last week an this is what nas is talking about....smh@the 1:07 mark shit is sad.....
Hate Me
Hate Me
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nas' Open Letter To Young Warriors in Chicago Empty Re: Nas' Open Letter To Young Warriors in Chicago

Post by StoneCold (F.P.C.) 2009-09-29, 5:19 pm

Chicago is full of young gangbangers who think they're invincible and walk around with a 10 pound chip on their shoulders like they have something to prove...no respect for one another, no respect for anyone other than themselves, and in some cases they probably dont respect themselves...

last year 30 chicago public high school students were murdered...every city has problems, but over here the problem is the public school system...most teachers and authority figures are incompetent and let all this shit slide, and then regret it when someone gets bullied or pushed too far and takes matters into their own hands (every murder hasnt been gang related)...

...the video that inspired Nas to write this letter was dispicable and everyone involved should be tortured to death...this kid wasnt involved in the gang brawl, he was an honors student, and he takes a 2x4 to the head and gets his head stomped in while he lays on the ground unconscious.

...chicago has a gang problem, and these younger gang bangers dont think and kill innocent people for fun...

...shit, there was a period for about a year where to be initiated in (i forget which gang), but to be initiated, the "hopeful" would drive around at night with his lights off- whoever was the first to flash their brights at him, he followed them and shot them when they got out of their car...this lasted about 6 months...so as you can see, Chicago has a definite gang problem
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Nas' Open Letter To Young Warriors in Chicago Empty Re: Nas' Open Letter To Young Warriors in Chicago

Post by CutThroatBalla 2009-09-29, 7:00 pm

Its good to see somebody take a stand and rep something positive. this is some real shit, props to Nas
CutThroatBalla
CutThroatBalla

Back to top Go down

Post by ROFL_GUY 2009-09-29, 8:11 pm

good thread... i saw that shit on t.v. its disgusting.. shit is truely sad
ROFL_GUY
ROFL_GUY
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStripes 2009-09-29, 8:40 pm

damn, that shit is sad......those kids look so young, why are they so angry and hateful?
BlackStripes
BlackStripes

Back to top Go down

Post by naptownkid 2009-09-29, 8:42 pm

really sad, makes no sense
naptownkid
naptownkid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down