Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If a “Hip Hop Savior” ever materialized, would they be accepted with open arms?

+7
ChapterBlack
Life On Wax
Clayton Bigsby
lakersandravens
HST
Pathway-to-Books
superfluousloquacity
11 posters

Go down

If a “Hip Hop Savior” ever materialized, would they be accepted with open arms? Empty If a “Hip Hop Savior” ever materialized, would they be accepted with open arms?

Post by superfluousloquacity 2009-09-28, 4:50 pm

A lot of people bitch about hip hop dying but whenever someone comes around who could help it off its death bed….they get hated on so much that they just give up i.e. Lupe Fiasco. If a Hip Hop Savior ever materialized, what qualities would they need and would they truly be graciously accepted or would they just be criticized and lambasted until the disappear Dave Chapelle style?
superfluousloquacity
superfluousloquacity
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

If a “Hip Hop Savior” ever materialized, would they be accepted with open arms? Empty Re: If a “Hip Hop Savior” ever materialized, would they be accepted with open arms?

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-09-28, 4:51 pm

No because no artist will ever be accepted by everyone.
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

If a “Hip Hop Savior” ever materialized, would they be accepted with open arms? Empty Re: If a “Hip Hop Savior” ever materialized, would they be accepted with open arms?

Post by HST 2009-09-28, 4:53 pm

The Internet killed the hip hop savior....lol
HST
HST
TRILLA!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/Habib24202

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-28, 4:55 pm

Pathway-to-Books wrote:No because no artist will ever be accepted by everyone.

c/s
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-09-28, 4:56 pm

I don't think 1 artists can ever be accepted a "savior". It takes a team of artists to bring about a full scale movement like that imo.
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-28, 4:59 pm

Pathway-to-Books wrote:No because no artist will ever be accepted by everyone.

Exactly. Most people (like myself) would sit around questioning his credentials and his "Savior Catalogue".
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-09-28, 5:05 pm

Nobody will ever be universally accepted. But, the qualities that would make him very successful are:
Commercial appeal
Technical ability (flow/wit emphasized over everything else)
Songwriting ability
A strong image
Knows when to STFU (in times of controversy and drama and other things), and give good interviews.
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-28, 5:06 pm

Aka impossible, rofl. ^^
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-09-28, 5:07 pm

lol
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by superfluousloquacity 2009-09-28, 5:11 pm

Even if it is impossible, Who do you think came the closest to being the utopian “hip hop savior” ?
superfluousloquacity
superfluousloquacity
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-28, 5:11 pm

I dont think any MC could every embody the nature of every type of person. That individual would need to be God-like, and have walked all paths of life.
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-28, 5:12 pm

Oh, and I think it's Tupac or Jay-Z.
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by superfluousloquacity 2009-09-28, 5:27 pm

I was going to say pac but expected pac haters and then I remembered this aint The Reason lol. Pac, Jay and Lupe would be my choices.
superfluousloquacity
superfluousloquacity
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-28, 5:32 pm

Lol!

Pac touched a lot of people though. A LOT. People you dont even expect to, they listen to Pac. I'm not a fan, but the man is undeniable in this spot.
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-09-28, 5:39 pm

Yeah I c/s Jay and Pac. Maybe Big too.
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Morris(FPC) 2009-09-28, 5:43 pm

are ya'll talkin about me again ............ joking ..........but on some real shit , no the hip hop savior will not be accepted at frist ........ that is one the main reason that would make him or her worhty of the title .......... startin at the bottom only to rise to the top ........
Louis Morris(FPC)
Louis Morris(FPC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-28, 5:43 pm

Biggie is another one. White people go crazy when they hear Big poppa.
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Morris(FPC) 2009-09-28, 5:50 pm

Life On Wax wrote:Biggie is another one. White people go crazy when they hear Big poppa.

that is just a song ........... i would believe the "savior" would have more of an impact than that
Louis Morris(FPC)
Louis Morris(FPC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giraffe Ribs N Collards 2009-09-28, 7:59 pm

Jay-Z ISNT a hip hop savior because he doesnt move people like that. Yes he makes good uptempo/party songs and hes versatile but a lot of people question his heart.

Pac was that. DMX had a chance too...

Lupe is another but to a certain extent...
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-28, 8:03 pm

I'll cut you Giraffe. I swear I will.
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Giraffe Ribs N Collards 2009-09-28, 8:15 pm

Life On Wax wrote:I'll cut you Giraffe. I swear I will.

fool, my "38" will paste "special" you

My double entendres = GOAT

Birdman aint got shit on me!!!
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-28, 10:03 pm

Never. People would never 100% accept a "hip hop savior." Too much ego.
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by CutThroatBalla 2009-09-29, 12:25 am

There is no one artist capable of saving hip-hop. Only the fans can save hip-hop, were the ones who keep it alive and well.
CutThroatBalla
CutThroatBalla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down