Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Mangaka/Comic Book Artist Has the Best Art Style?

5 posters

:: Animania

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which Mangaka/Comic Book Artist Has the Best Art Style? Empty Which Mangaka/Comic Book Artist Has the Best Art Style?

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-09-30, 6:55 pm

Basically post all the artists of the Graphic Novel world who you think has top-notch artwork.
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Which Mangaka/Comic Book Artist Has the Best Art Style? Empty Re: Which Mangaka/Comic Book Artist Has the Best Art Style?

Post by False Profit 2009-09-30, 7:05 pm

CLAMP studios. Hands down. It's not even a question.

The work and character designs done on X/1999, Code Geass and XxxHolic is so stylized and detailed that it's scary.

As a lifelong comic book junkie, I can only think of maybe ONE artist that's as detailed on a consistent basis. And that's for east, western art or whatever.
False Profit
False Profit

Back to top Go down

Which Mangaka/Comic Book Artist Has the Best Art Style? Empty Re: Which Mangaka/Comic Book Artist Has the Best Art Style?

Post by Greenz 2009-09-30, 8:33 pm

Kentaro Miura Artist For Berserk The Most Detailed Manga I Ever Seen
Greenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-09-30, 11:42 pm

False Profit wrote:CLAMP studios. Hands down. It's not even a question.

The work and character designs done on X/1999, Code Geass and XxxHolic is so stylized and detailed that it's scary.

As a lifelong comic book junkie, I can only think of maybe ONE artist that's as detailed on a consistent basis. And that's for east, western art or whatever.

ROFL @ you being a Bishounen fan lol!
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by False Profit 2009-10-01, 12:09 am

I also like cooking and romance comedys. My favorite passtimes include listening more than talking, cuddling and taking long walks on the moonlit beaches while holding hands.

Twisted Evil
False Profit
False Profit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 12:10 am

False Profit wrote:I also like cooking and romance comedys. My favorite passtimes include listening more than talking, cuddling and taking long walks on the moonlit beaches while holding hands.

Twisted Evil

But you like 'beautiful men'

SMH!
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by False Profit 2009-10-01, 12:15 am

Pathway-to-Books wrote:
False Profit wrote:I also like cooking and romance comedys. My favorite passtimes include listening more than talking, cuddling and taking long walks on the moonlit beaches while holding hands.

Twisted Evil

SMH!

I like the stories! YOU'RE the one acknowledging the fact the the men are.... "beautiful".

No Fred Luo, right?

right? flower
False Profit
False Profit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-10-01, 12:16 am

Pathway-to-Books wrote:

Twisted Evil

SMH!

Hey, don't queer up my thread you two, post artists or GTFO!
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 12:16 am

False Profit wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:

Twisted Evil

SMH!

I like the stories! YOU'RE the one acknowledging the fact the the men are.... "beautiful".

No Fred Luo, right?

right? flower

This thread is about art NOT stories!! You're the one who came in here and said you like the art of a bishounen styled anime not me...
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2009-10-01, 12:23 am

Whoever did the art for the Kenshin Mangas it always stood out to me. ill post a pic in a sec but the lighting they were able to do with just pen and ink was incredible
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-10-01, 12:25 am

The Mad Hatter wrote:Whoever did the art for the Kenshin Mangas it always stood out to me. ill post a pic in a sec but the lighting they were able to do with just pen and ink was incredible

Nobuhiro Watsuki. One of my favorite artists. RK started off rough around the edges with the art, but it was amazing by vol. 11-23, then he started simplifying everything, but it was still technically precise.
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2009-10-01, 12:27 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by The Mad Hatter on 2009-10-01, 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2009-10-01, 12:34 am

stupid question but how do you use that spoiler option?
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 12:35 am

The Mad Hatter wrote:stupid question but how do you use that spoiler option?

It's on 'others' highlight what you want to put in it then click on the spoiler button.
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2009-10-01, 12:38 am

Pathway-to-Books wrote:
The Mad Hatter wrote:stupid question but how do you use that spoiler option?

It's on 'others' highlight what you want to put in it then click on the spoiler button.
k thanks
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post by False Profit 2009-10-01, 12:48 am

Pathway-to-Books wrote:

This thread is about art NOT stories!! You're the one who came in here and said you like the art of a bishounen styled anime not me...

hey now... It's not like I said I love watching Gravitation or Loveless or anything...
False Profit
False Profit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 12:50 am

False Profit wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:

hey now... It's not like I said I love watching Gravitation or Loveless or anything...

Atleast that much is true...i swear that guy Lklightking from the IC was a fan of gravitation....he also thought Lil Wayne has the 2nd greatest catologue in hip-hop history though, so i'm not surprised.
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2009-10-01, 12:54 am

Pathway-to-Books wrote:
False Profit wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:

Atleast that much is true...i swear that guy Lklightking from the IC was a fan of gravitation....he also thought Lil Wayne has the 2nd greatest catologue in hip-hop history though, so i'm not surprised.
Lk was a closet homo that came out in the reason, not that I have any major problem with homosexuals but that nigga lost me when he said hiphop is for gays, but back to the thread
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post by False Profit 2009-10-01, 12:55 am

Pathway-to-Books wrote:
False Profit wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:

lol he admitted that he was gay. Prolly was a yaoi fan and all that.

He was a pretty good poster, actually. They started giving him shit about it in The Reason, so he crawled back into his closet.

Wonder if he'll find his way over here?
False Profit
False Profit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-10-01, 12:56 am

The Mad Hatter wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:
False Profit wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:

Lk was a closet homo that came out in the reason, not that I have any major problem with homosexuals but that nigga lost me when he said hiphop is for gays, but back to the thread

y'all niggas is derailin my shit....post some artists now dammit
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 12:56 am

The Mad Hatter wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:
False Profit wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:

What...like exclusively for gays? lol!
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by False Profit 2009-10-01, 12:56 am

The Mad Hatter wrote:

[u]

Shocked whooooaaaa!!! Shocked
False Profit
False Profit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 12:58 am

ChapterBlack wrote:
The Mad Hatter wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:
False Profit wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:

if you posted in the old Animania you'd know that threads ALWAYS got derailed somehow...
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-10-01, 12:59 am

Seriously guys, take this shit to off-topic, I made this for a reason.
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by False Profit 2009-10-01, 12:59 am

ChapterBlack wrote:

what how dare you talk to a moderator in that tone!

I mean type at a moderator with that implied tone!

Razz
False Profit
False Profit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next