Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Artist has been the most impactful on your life for any reason?

+7
illuminati
WhatIsReallyReal?
ThaGodDark25
ChapterBlack
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
rep4qc
Barry Sanders Jr.
11 posters

Go down

What Artist has been the most impactful on your life for any reason? Empty What Artist has been the most impactful on your life for any reason?

Post by Barry Sanders Jr. 2009-10-01, 1:00 pm

I doesnt just have to be the music they could have given you 5 dollars when you needed it
Barry Sanders Jr.
Barry Sanders Jr.

Back to top Go down

What Artist has been the most impactful on your life for any reason? Empty Re: What Artist has been the most impactful on your life for any reason?

Post by rep4qc 2009-10-01, 1:02 pm

2pac, his music has gotten me thru many nights
rep4qc
rep4qc

Back to top Go down

What Artist has been the most impactful on your life for any reason? Empty Re: What Artist has been the most impactful on your life for any reason?

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-10-01, 1:04 pm

I don't think anyone artist has really been impactful on my life., just the music in general.
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-10-01, 1:12 pm

MyfriendscallmeMrParker wrote:I don't think anyone artist has really been impactful on my life., just the music in general.

Co-Sign. Aside from entertaining me, and giving me something to talk to other people about, no artist has really made an impact on my life.
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaGodDark25 2009-10-01, 1:50 pm

Barry Sanders Jr. wrote:I doesnt just have to be the music they could have given you 5 dollars when you needed it

2pac because his music made me the kind of fan of rap music that I am today and his music was the soundtrack to my life in a lot of cases.

2pac gave you the real realities of life regardless if you wanted to hear it or not. He painted a authentic picture of what it was like to live in the ghetto, trying to survive the trials and tribulations that you go through in life.

Although I wasn't living a thug life or nothing like that, his music still spoke to the struggles I was going through in life.....From school, to family, to the females, to fake friends, to trying to be successful in life.

So Pac's music pretty much carried me through life from 93 when I copped Strictly 4 my Niggaz all the way up to 97 when R U Still Down dropped.

After that I've only become a loyal fan to the Rappers that music presents the same realities that 2pac's music did.

DMX, 50 Cent, Young Jeezy and B.G.
ThaGodDark25
ThaGodDark25
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-10-01, 1:55 pm

MyfriendscallmeMrParker wrote:I don't think anyone artist has really been impactful on my life., just the music in general.

I think this is what T/S meant for the most part....

Pac really got me into rap and made me realize that it was a legitimate form of artistic expression, which in turn affected certain choices I made in college beleive it or not.....clown it if you want, but I wrote several papers on pac's music and have taught some of his material in the classroom as well....same with nas.....

other than that...i dunno....i love me some jay, budden, ras kass, and eminem at the gym.....lol
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ThaGodDark25 2009-10-01, 2:20 pm

[quote="WhatIsReallyReal?"]

I think this is what T/S meant for the most part....

Pac really got me into rap and made me realize that it was a legitimate form of artistic expression, which in turn affected certain choices I made in college beleive it or not.....clown it if you want, but I wrote several papers on pac's music and have taught some of his material in the classroom as well....same with nas.....

Props on that. I did the same in my high school Music class.
ThaGodDark25
ThaGodDark25
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by illuminati 2009-10-01, 2:33 pm

2pac & nas
illuminati
illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post by Theory1 2009-10-01, 3:05 pm

2pac and KRS One. Seems like I could relate to alot of things 2pac rapped about. As if he lived in the same hood. KRS One for My Philosophy song as well as criminal minded etc. That song was the blueprint to my old graffiti career and pushed me to the next level.
Theory1
Theory1

Back to top Go down

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-10-01, 3:14 pm

Pastor Troy

In 99 "We Ready, I Declare War" had the big impact on my life. He spoke about circumstances and situations that I was experiencing daily at 17. It's like he was speaking for me, cause I could relate directly to almost every song.
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by One Angry Black Man 2009-10-01, 3:19 pm

Chuck D had the most impact on my life. I remember watching fight the power and by the time to get arizona on video music box and just being awed. I was about 9 and never saw anything pro black on tv before then. Chuck D helped shape my political consciousness that built the angry black man you see today.
One Angry Black Man
One Angry Black Man
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickology101 2009-10-01, 5:05 pm

The old Cash money
Bone Thugs
Pac
Sickology101
Sickology101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down