Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Suggestions/Comments Thread (Design, Guidelines, etc)

+52
illuminati
CutThroatBalla
hk1388
Juttaz
Boricua mamies screamin'
Reeding Intuition #20
Queens4LIFE
ROFL_GUY
Pathway-to-Books
Aboveclouds theSpaceGhost
TheFuture23
ChapterBlack
P.Nom
Paul Bearer (Vikings 3-0)
everypairsince85
NJ76ers
StillReppin
will grimey
CLASSIC-ILL AKA GODLIKE
Ran
Dead Pre$ident
KufiSmacke®
Word To Ya Moms B (FPC)
ayoQ
One Angry Black Man
Hate Me
KTULU
Raider3
NEVES
False Profit
4 life
firestorm
Professor Knowledge
*locksmith*
odeisel
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
prana
9th Ave. (Til_Infinity)
superfluousloquacity
jkpnyc
Blood-Raiyne Threezie
The Most Interesting Man
Giraffe Ribs N Collards
Sickology101
Clayton Bigsby
It's Like Silent Murder..
lakersandravens
ICAVEMON
Dr.Kom
Life On Wax
HST
WhatIsReallyReal?
56 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Suggestions/Comments Thread (Design, Guidelines, etc) Empty General Suggestions/Comments Thread (Design, Guidelines, etc)

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-09-27, 10:30 pm

People with web-design experience should step up and start kicking around ideas on how to make this forum as user-friendly and as attractive as possible. It goes without saying that we can use AHH and SOHH as a guide for certain things....

Any other ideas or suggestions would be good too....
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Suggestions/Comments Thread (Design, Guidelines, etc) Empty Re: General Suggestions/Comments Thread (Design, Guidelines, etc)

Post by HST 2009-09-27, 10:32 pm

well most threads have avatars....sig...etc....thats all I can think of at the moment lol
HST
HST
TRILLA!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/Habib24202

Back to top Go down

General Suggestions/Comments Thread (Design, Guidelines, etc) Empty Re: General Suggestions/Comments Thread (Design, Guidelines, etc)

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-27, 10:33 pm

WhatIsReallyReal? wrote:People with web-design experience should step up and start kicking around ideas on how to make this forum as user-friendly and as attractive as possible. It goes without saying that we can use AHH and SOHH as a guide for certain things....

Forumotion has a template manager within the Admin Interface that you can change things from. There are usually around a couple hundred different looks for these forums, so we can play and experiment as much as we want.

And of course, we can POLL the results. Feels funny saying that.
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Kom 2009-09-27, 10:36 pm

i think a weekly poll on random music things will excite people
Dr.Kom
Dr.Kom
Admin

https://hhro.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-09-27, 10:38 pm

Life On Wax wrote:
WhatIsReallyReal? wrote:People with web-design experience should step up and start kicking around ideas on how to make this forum as user-friendly and as attractive as possible. It goes without saying that we can use AHH and SOHH as a guide for certain things....

Forumotion has a template manager within the Admin Interface that you can change things from. There are usually around a couple hundred different looks for these forums, so we can play and experiment as much as we want.

ok....well, the biggest thing, obviously, is that the site needs to look good...i'm not saying the current one doesn't, but as Kom himself said, it was made in like 5 minutes, so LOW you should do what you can to make it look clean and fresh, nahmean? Cuz, you know alot of people will at least check the site out, but they won't stay very long if it's confusing or inconvenient....
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ICAVEMON 2009-09-27, 10:38 pm

I like how in the n4g forum( N4g.com ) on the right they have Active Threads and my biggest reason for bringing this up..the section that says New Threads...that way people can see which threads where just made and that would help in stopping people from makin the same threads
ICAVEMON
ICAVEMON
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-27, 10:38 pm

Whole bunch we can do here. Freedom comes with a price though. In order for this to work we're gonna have to separate from AHH completely. Cant be givin them traffic that could come here.

Yay I can edit posts!

So Kom, let me in Admin. I'll get to work now while Im not doing anything.
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ICAVEMON 2009-09-27, 10:40 pm

WhatIsReallyReal? wrote:
Life On Wax wrote:

ok....well, the biggest thing, obviously, is that the site needs to look good...i'm not saying the current one doesn't, but as Kom himself said, it was made in like 5 minutes, so LOW you should do what you can to make it look clean and fresh, nahmean? Cuz, you know alot of people will at least check the site out, but they won't stay very long if it's confusing or inconvenient....
\

I agree
I dont really like the whole theme......I think the colors websites like defsound and xxlmag.com use are real cool
ICAVEMON
ICAVEMON
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Kom 2009-09-27, 10:41 pm

Life On Wax wrote:Whole bunch we can do here. Freedom comes with a price though. In order for this to work we're gonna have to separate from AHH completely. Cant be givin them traffic that could come here.

Yay I can edit posts!

i told you
Dr.Kom
Dr.Kom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ICAVEMON 2009-09-27, 10:41 pm

Life On Wax wrote:Whole bunch we can do here. Freedom comes with a price though. In order for this to work we're gonna have to separate from AHH completely. Cant be givin them traffic that could come here.

Yay I can edit posts!

yup
but we need to get more people over here from there
ICAVEMON
ICAVEMON
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-27, 10:43 pm

I was reading the FAQ and i read about ranks....

idk if u enabled this when u made the forum kom but i think that would be a good idea
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-09-27, 10:46 pm

This is Odeisel's new site. It doesn't have forums, but I like the way it looks....

just a suggestion for how ours could look...

http://planetill.com/
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Life On Wax 2009-09-27, 10:48 pm

WhatIsReallyReal? wrote:This is Odeisel's new site. It doesn't have forums, but I like the way it looks....

What if I talked to him about us possibly becoming Planet Ill's forums? If we're a good forum I can't see him saying no.
Life On Wax
Life On Wax
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-09-27, 10:49 pm

ICAVEMON wrote:

Yay I can edit posts!

yup

If we make it place where quality hip hop discussion happens, people will check us out....but the biggest thing is, we need a core group of people here at the beginning to generate quality content and to faciliatate quality discussions, that way, when new people do come over or check us out, it doesn't look dead, which was one of TISH's problems. Also, we can't have our "core" members getting impatient and shit if it takes a minute for us to get new members.....

just thoughts.....
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-09-27, 10:52 pm

Life On Wax wrote:
WhatIsReallyReal? wrote:This is Odeisel's new site. It doesn't have forums, but I like the way it looks....

What if I talked to him about us possibly becoming Planet Ill's forums? If we're a good forum I can't see him saying no.

He isn't going to have his forum section put together for about another month....that should give us enough "experimental" time to see if we can actually generate interest on our own in a sense....know what i mean?.....
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ICAVEMON 2009-09-27, 10:53 pm

WhatIsReallyReal? wrote:
ICAVEMON wrote:

Yay I can edit posts!

yup

If we make it place where quality hip hop discussion happens, people will check us out....but the biggest thing is, we need a core group of people here at the beginning to generate quality content and to faciliatate quality discussions, that way, when new people do come over or check us out, it doesn't look dead, which was one of TISH's problems. Also, we can't have our "core" members getting impatient and shit if it takes a minute for us to get new members.....

just thoughts.....

Iight im down
but lets try to get as many people from AHH to come check this out
ICAVEMON
ICAVEMON
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-27, 10:53 pm

how many mods can we have?
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Kom 2009-09-27, 10:55 pm

All right guys. This is LoW for the moment. (Told you ya can trust me Kom)

What do you want the Forum to look like?

AHH Knockoff? Give me some colors and I can start working.
Dr.Kom
Dr.Kom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Kom 2009-09-27, 10:56 pm

lakersandravens wrote:how many mods can we have?

as many as i want or any other admin wants
Dr.Kom
Dr.Kom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by It's Like Silent Murder.. 2009-09-27, 10:59 pm

Admin wrote:All right guys. This is LoW for the moment. (Told you ya can trust me Kom)

Make it the total opposite of AHH, like blue or something.
Swagga Less Monkey

https://www.youtube.com/user/nkzerog

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-27, 10:59 pm

Admin wrote:
lakersandravens wrote:how many mods can we have?

as many as i want or any other admin wants

ok well based on the vote it looks like if mr.parker joins hes def one....

but i would like to propose an idea...there was 7 of us that originally registered....

LOW and WIRR became admins....

so i propose the idea that the other 4(me, icavemon, jpkcny,its like silent murder) become mods....

just off the humble tip....and we are credible posters....
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by ICAVEMON 2009-09-27, 11:00 pm

Admin wrote:All right guys. This is LoW for the moment. (Told you ya can trust me Kom)

I really like the New Thread section thing on http://forums.n4g.com/default.aspx
I like the layout on this PSU.com
I like how they use the colors/layout on XXLmag.com
ICAVEMON
ICAVEMON
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-09-27, 11:00 pm

LOW.....I think a AHH knock off would be adequate just to get us off the ground and also to ensure that new posters coming over from AHH do'nt have to figure out too much shit ya know?

At lakersandravens....i'm down with you being a mod...

for whatever its worth, i think we need to empower as many pepolpe as we can at the beginning to keep ya'll interested....lol...
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ICAVEMON 2009-09-27, 11:02 pm

It's Like Silent Murder.. wrote:

Make it the total opposite of AHH, like blue or something.

I would like the theme/color to be more mutual
ICAVEMON
ICAVEMON
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Kom 2009-09-27, 11:03 pm

WhatIsReallyReal? wrote:LOW.....I think a AHH knock off would be adequate just to get us off the ground and also to ensure that new posters coming over from AHH do'nt have to figure out too much shit ya know?

At lakersandravens....i'm down with you being a mod...

for whatever its worth, i think we need to empower as many pepolpe as we can at the beginning to keep ya'll interested....lol...

As you can see, working on that now. I actually think we might look better.
Dr.Kom
Dr.Kom
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next