Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever succesfully gotten a person who was not a fan of anime to become a fan?

+6
criminology101
False Profit
ChapterBlack
Pathway-to-Books
Juttaz
The Mad Hatter
10 posters

:: Animania

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Have you ever succesfully gotten a person who was not a fan of anime to become a fan? Empty Have you ever succesfully gotten a person who was not a fan of anime to become a fan?

Post by The Mad Hatter 2009-09-30, 11:02 pm

I just wanted to ask this cause i never was able to get any of my niggas that dont check for anime to check for it, they may ohhh and ahhhh! at some of the goat scenes i show but as far as becoming a fan naw...i just wanted to know if its possible.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Have you ever succesfully gotten a person who was not a fan of anime to become a fan? Empty Re: Have you ever succesfully gotten a person who was not a fan of anime to become a fan?

Post by Juttaz 2009-09-30, 11:08 pm

Not into the whole intire culture but i got niggas into Inuyasha, niggas was praising me for that, but didnt have love for Eureka 7.
Juttaz
Juttaz
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Have you ever succesfully gotten a person who was not a fan of anime to become a fan? Empty Re: Have you ever succesfully gotten a person who was not a fan of anime to become a fan?

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-09-30, 11:10 pm

Nope, never :/
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-09-30, 11:15 pm

Pathway-to-Books wrote:Nope, never :/
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by False Profit 2009-10-01, 12:13 am

Nope. That and comics, either.

No matter how well woven or intelligently written a story may be (or violently naked), people just can't get past the aspect of it being drawn and/or animated.
False Profit
False Profit

Back to top Go down

Post by criminology101 2009-10-01, 9:55 am

nope my son but dont really think that counts
criminology101
criminology101

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackStripes 2009-10-01, 1:53 pm

nope
BlackStripes
BlackStripes

Back to top Go down

Post by Juttaz 2009-10-01, 2:00 pm

They wanna be the first people watchin it at the theatre but dont even wanna know the origin of it....makes me a lil sick
Juttaz
Juttaz
A Lil Somethin Somethin
A Lil Somethin Somethin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 2:04 pm

Juttaz wrote:They wanna be the first people watchin it at the theatre but dont even wanna know the origin of it....makes me a lil sick

Co-sign
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood-Raiyne Threezie 2009-10-01, 3:22 pm

Pathway-to-Books wrote:
Juttaz wrote:They wanna be the first people watchin it at the theatre but dont even wanna know the origin of it....makes me a lil sick

Co-sign

Co-Sign

But Most of My Friends Coming Up Were Anime Heads, I didn't really fuck with niggas who didn't like it.
Blood-Raiyne Threezie
Blood-Raiyne Threezie
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 3:23 pm

Looks like none of us have ever actually got someone else into anime, that's a damn shame.
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-10-01, 3:35 pm

People already have their mind made up about these things, either they're into it, or they can't stand it (because in their minds cartoons=childish), or they just haven't seen something great enough to draw them in (these people are lazy bastards, always waiting for someone else to give them info)
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 3:37 pm

ChapterBlack wrote:People already have their mind made up about these things, either they're into it, or they can't stand it (because in their minds cartoons=childish), or they just haven't seen something great enough to draw them in (these people are lazy bastards, always waiting for someone else to give them info)

True, thing is though the same people who say anime is childish are the same people who love animated movies like Monsters inc, Lion King etc. How can they love them but at the same time turn around and call anime childish, FOH!
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-10-01, 3:55 pm

Pathway-to-Books wrote:
ChapterBlack wrote:People already have their mind made up about these things, either they're into it, or they can't stand it (because in their minds cartoons=childish), or they just haven't seen something great enough to draw them in (these people are lazy bastards, always waiting for someone else to give them info)

True, thing is though the same people who say anime is childish are the same people who love animated movies like Monsters inc, Lion King etc. How can they love them but at the same time turn around and call anime childish, FOH!

I think it's more about people feeling that its childish and less acceptable because it's not mainstream or well-known, so they see it solely as a cartoon with no nostalgic value like you would get from watching Tom & Jerry.

Other people just see all animated shows as childish, so even more adult-oriented animes don't interest them. Me, I like artwork and a good story, which is why I was so drawn (no pun intended) to DBZ as a kid. It was action-packed, and it was far more realistically drawn (as far as figure-drawing and landscape and what-not) than American cartoons (except Spiderman, that was well done too).
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 4:08 pm

ChapterBlack wrote:
Pathway-to-Books wrote:

I think it's more about people feeling that its childish and less acceptable because it's not mainstream or well-known, so they see it solely as a cartoon with no nostalgic value like you would get from watching Tom & Jerry.

Other people just see all animated shows as childish, so even more adult-oriented animes don't interest them. Me, I like artwork and a good story, which is why I was so drawn (no pun intended) to DBZ as a kid. It was action-packed, and it was far more realistically drawn (as far as figure-drawing and landscape and what-not) than American cartoons (except Spiderman, that was well done too).

True about the nostalgia but that's not entirely true, because as soon as a new animated movie comes out everyone rushes to go watch it and talks about it all the time and it's never called childish even though the majority of them are made for children! If a teenager/adult watches them it doesn't matter sqaut but somehow an anime does. I understand the whole it not being acceptable/mainstream thing but anime is pretty mainstream when you think about how many people watched Pokemon/DBZ etc. growing up.

It just appears to me that as you grow up american cartoons are still seen as acceptable but the same rule doesn't apply to Japanese animation...which is one fucked up double standard imo.
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-10-01, 4:15 pm

nobody has ever made the attempt to put me on...niggas that i hang with just say i wouldnt like it

*waits for some of yall to put me on*
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 4:15 pm

lakersandravens wrote:nobody has ever made the attempt to put me on...niggas that i hang with just say i wouldnt like it

Did you ever check One Piece and Berserk after i recommended them to you?
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by ChapterBlack 2009-10-01, 5:18 pm

lakersandravens wrote:nobody has ever made the attempt to put me on...niggas that i hang with just say i wouldnt like it

What are you interested in? Action, drama, yaoi (pause lol)?
ChapterBlack
ChapterBlack
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Pathway-to-Books 2009-10-01, 5:20 pm

ChapterBlack wrote:

What are you interested in? Action, drama, yaoi (pause lol)?

I highly doubt he knows what yaoi is...
Pathway-to-Books
Pathway-to-Books
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2009-10-01, 8:18 pm

Check out a show called shadow skill its a great basic starter its short so you dont have to be dedicated to watching 100+ episodes like in dragon ball or one piece, if you like that then go from there.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post by criminology101 2009-10-01, 8:23 pm

The Mad Hatter wrote:

Check out a show called shadow skill its a great basic starter its short so you dont have to be dedicated to watching 100+ episodes like in dragon ball or one piece, if you like that then go from there.
i think i remember is that the one with the brother and sister fighters if so it was pretty good
criminology101
criminology101

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2009-10-01, 8:31 pm

criminology101 wrote:
The Mad Hatter wrote:

i think i remember is that the one with the brother and sister fighters if so it was pretty good
thats the one. i think they use to show it on Cinimax a while back thats how i caught it.
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-10-01, 8:37 pm

Mad Hatter...haven't seen you in the main forum too much.....
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mad Hatter 2009-10-01, 9:59 pm

WhatIsReallyReal? wrote:Mad Hatter...haven't seen you in the main forum too much.....
to tell the truth im just here for the anime section i still fucks with the reason not saying i wont post in the main forum but i still go to the reason for basic hiphop convos
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-10-01, 10:17 pm

Fair enough.....glad your supporting the Anime section
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next