Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would You have signed Michael Vick??

+4
Hate Me
Clayton Bigsby
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
lakersandravens
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Would You have signed Michael Vick?? Empty Would You have signed Michael Vick??

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-28, 3:57 pm

If you were an owner of a football franchise and you had an established quarterback would you have signed Michael Vick when he was reinstated?

Or do you think hes presence causes too much negative press and could screw with your offensive chemistry?

and who do you think should have signed him....

Im all about giving somebody a second chance but if hes not a every down quarterback for me than i dont want to sign him....theres no use in having him on the roster for 10 wildcat plays a game especially considering the high risk high reward nature of the plays

I think carolina should have signed him
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Would You have signed Michael Vick?? Empty Re: Would You have signed Michael Vick??

Post by MyfriendscallmeMrParker 2009-09-29, 1:18 am

not if I was the Eagles, but in general yes.
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
MyfriendscallmeMrParker
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Would You have signed Michael Vick?? Empty Re: Would You have signed Michael Vick??

Post by Clayton Bigsby 2009-09-29, 2:25 am

Yeah, if I was Carolina, Washington, or Tampa Bay.
Clayton Bigsby
Clayton Bigsby
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Hate Me 2009-09-29, 2:41 am

Ya I would of if I was Miami considering they run the wildcat formation and they can use him in alot of those plays....
Hate Me
Hate Me
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneCold (F.P.C.) 2009-09-29, 12:42 pm

hell yeah i would have signed him

even when speculation had my Dallas Cowboys in the running to get him, I was hopin they'd sign him
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by rep4qc 2009-09-29, 12:45 pm

StoneCold (F.P.C.) wrote:hell yeah i would have signed him

e
rep4qc
rep4qc

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneCold (F.P.C.) 2009-09-29, 12:51 pm

not to go off topic...but quick question...

how do yall upload pics for your avi over here?

and why the hell was my default pic Miley Cyrus when i first logged in? lol
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by rep4qc 2009-09-29, 12:55 pm

StoneCold (F.P.C.) wrote:not to go off topic...but quick question...

how do yall upload pics for your avi over here?

and why the hell was my default pic Miley Cyrus when i first logged in? lol
U jus save a pic to your computer, then go to profile, click avatar, browse and pick your pic u want and save
rep4qc
rep4qc

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Knowledge 2009-09-29, 1:19 pm

Mike Vick was signed by the Eagles because..

A) the backup (kevin kolb) was an unknown
B) To be a special weapon
C) If Donovan fell off, he would be the future
D) Money- his jersey is a top 5 seller

If I was an owner, i would sign him depending on what fan base i had. If I owned Carolina I wouldn't sign him because his fan base wouldn't except it. Funny thing is, the eagles don't even need him.
Professor Knowledge
Professor Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by rep4qc 2009-09-29, 1:23 pm

Professor Knowledge wrote:Mike Vick was signed by the Eagles because..

If I was an owner, i would sign him depending on what fan base i had. If I owned Carolina I wouldn't sign him because his fan base wouldn't except it. Funny thing is, the eagles don't even need him.
Most people i kno down here dont like Vick at all
rep4qc
rep4qc

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-29, 1:34 pm

c/s the eagles not needing him....i think it was more of a "helping a nigga out" type of signing....they dont need him one bit and the more they use him the more he will hurt them....

but this will help in the 3 years when hes a free agent...he can just go straight to being a starter for the redskins lol
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Knowledge 2009-09-29, 1:35 pm

rep4qc wrote:

Most people i kno down here dont like Vick at all

they could use him. the panthers are worse than the lions right now.
Professor Knowledge
Professor Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Knowledge 2009-09-29, 1:38 pm

lakersandravens wrote:

c/s the eagles not needing him....i think it was more of a "helping a nigga out" type of signing....they dont need him one bit and the more they use him the more he will hurt them....

but this will help in the 3 years when hes a free agent...he can just go straight to being a starter for the redskins lol

they signed him just eventually trade him for a draft pick. he doesn't hurt the team though, once he gets into comlete shape, our version of the wildcat is going to be on point. he won't be back next year though, he cost too much.
Professor Knowledge
Professor Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneCold (F.P.C.) 2009-09-29, 1:40 pm

wait...Andy Reid said he signed Vick cuz Vick's situation reminded him of some of the situations with his kids and Reid wanted to be the guy who gave Vick his 2nd chance
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-29, 1:44 pm

Professor Knowledge wrote:
lakersandravens wrote:

they signed him just eventually trade him for a draft pick. he doesn't hurt the team though, once he gets into comlete shape, our version of the wildcat is going to be on point. he won't be back next year though, he cost too much.

the problem is how long before hes in complete shape?

by the time hes 100% it could be the latter part of the season....and hes coming back...nobodys taking him just off of this year....and the eagles wont release him because they will get scrutinized beyond belief for dropping him
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Knowledge 2009-09-29, 1:45 pm

StoneCold (F.P.C.) wrote:wait...Andy Reid said he signed Vick cuz Vick's situation reminded him of some of the situations with his kids and Reid wanted to be the guy who gave Vick his 2nd chance

that's probably what jerry jones said about pacman, andy wanted another weapon....and a cheesburger.
Professor Knowledge
Professor Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-29, 1:46 pm

StoneCold (F.P.C.) wrote:wait...Andy Reid said he signed Vick cuz Vick's situation reminded him of some of the situations with his kids and Reid wanted to be the guy who gave Vick his 2nd chance
they all came up with stories:

Mcnabb said he came up with the idea bc of him wanting to help another black man and all that bs

Andy reid says he can relate bc his sons are alcoholics so he wants to give back to others

The eagles owner said it was strictly a football move and makes them contenders for a super bowl
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneCold (F.P.C.) 2009-09-29, 1:47 pm

that's probably what jerry jones said about pacman, andy wanted another weapon....and a cheesburger.

lol! @ cheeseburger
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneCold (F.P.C.) 2009-09-29, 1:48 pm

lakersandravens wrote:

Mcnabb said he came up with the idea bc of him wanting to help another black man and all that bs

Andy reid says he can relate bc his sons are alcoholics so he wants to give back to others

The eagles owner said it was strictly a football move and makes them contenders for a super bowl

yea i heard mcnabb say that, but once him and vick butted heads in camp/practice didnt mcnabb say he didnt want him there?
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Knowledge 2009-09-29, 1:48 pm

lakersandravens wrote:

by the time hes 100% it could be the latter part of the season....and hes coming back...nobodys taking him just off of this year....and the eagles wont release him because they will get scrutinized beyond belief for dropping him

we can win without vick. so let's say he's in complete by the playoffs, it will only help. Vick's contract for this year is for 1.1 mill which is extremely cheap. If the eagles keep him it goes up to about 5.3 which would easily make him the highest paid backup qb. The eagles are extremely "frugal" and aren't going to pay him that. Especially with Kolb showing what he can do.
Professor Knowledge
Professor Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Knowledge 2009-09-29, 1:52 pm

StoneCold (F.P.C.) wrote:
lakersandravens wrote:

yea i heard mcnabb say that, but once him and vick butted heads in camp/practice didnt mcnabb say he didnt want him there?

i don't know what news, you were reading, but Vick and McNabb have been tight (pause) since Vick was in high school. All 3 said it was because Vick was a weapon. Then they all gave their various other reaons for supporting him, but the common theme is he's a weapon. As far Vick/Mcnabb butting heads that was all BS.
Professor Knowledge
Professor Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-29, 1:53 pm

lakersandravens wrote:

we can win without vick. so let's say he's in complete by the playoffs, it will only help. Vick's contract for this year is for 1.1 mill which is extremely cheap. If the eagles keep him it goes up to about 5.3 which would easily make him the highest paid backup qb. The eagles are extremely "frugal" and aren't going to pay him that. Especially with Kolb showing what he can do.

yea but if he gets back to old form he deserves to be the highest paid backup....

and lets slow down with the kolb....he had the chiefs last week....theres no way hes going to be able to compete in that division....
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneCold (F.P.C.) 2009-09-29, 1:58 pm

StoneCold (F.P.C.) wrote:
lakersandravens wrote:

i don't know what news, you were reading, but Vick and McNabb have been tight (pause) since Vick was in high school. All 3 said it was because Vick was a weapon. Then they all gave their various other reaons for supporting him, but the common theme is he's a weapon. As far Vick/Mcnabb butting heads that was all BS.

it was all over espn...it was the 3rd preseason game as a matter of fact...now espn may have blown it out of proportion, but mcnabb said something about vick fuckin up the offense
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
StoneCold (F.P.C.)
I Aint Shit
I Aint Shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Knowledge 2009-09-29, 2:00 pm

lakersandravens wrote:
lakersandravens wrote:

yea but if he gets back to old form he deserves to be the highest paid backup....

and lets slow down with the kolb....he had the chiefs last week....theres no way hes going to be able to compete in that division....

My point was that the Eagles are not going to pay Vick to be the highest paid backup (3rd string qb)

kolb threw for 390 against the saints. granted much of it was in garbage time but my point is that he's not the worst backup in the nfl like many thought before the league. He's much more accurate then Vick every was and has more continuity with the current players. Write it down, Vick is gone next year, unless McNabb has a career ending injury.
Professor Knowledge
Professor Knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by lakersandravens 2009-09-29, 2:01 pm

mcnabbs career ending injury will be a bruised ego caused by philly fans
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next