Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School me.....

4 posters

Go down

School me..... Empty School me.....

Post by lakersandravens 2009-10-01, 7:50 pm

The older i get the more i question my religion....i was raised a christian(baptist) and have stayed by it but i have begun to question things more and more...i still do believe the story of "God" creating everything and this world being started by "God"...but alot of things that i was taught just dont really make sense to me or contradict everything else that is supposedly fact...

now im at the point where im not neccessarily doubting my religion but im extremely curious to what this life thing is really all about...this could just be a stage that im going through in my life and i could come out of it in the future but its not looking that way....

so at the young age that i am i have come to look at things like this....

Whatever you believe is correct.

If you are a christian and believe that you have to accept christ as your saviour or you go to hell than thats how your life will be determined...

If you believe in Reincarnation than when you die you will be reincarnated..

and so on and so forth for every religion/belief system....

Is there a title for people who view life this way?
and how do you personally look at things?
lakersandravens
lakersandravens
BAUCE
BAUCE

Back to top Go down

School me..... Empty Re: School me.....

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-10-01, 8:20 pm

whether there is a title for people who view things like that.....tolerant?

personally, I would fall into the agnostic category in that i believe certain "truths" are beyond the realm of human comprehension...or mine at least....

I am inclinced to believe that someTHING created some other thing, but I don't think that the "creator" really gives a damn in human life....idk....

i think praying is futile and i can't stand when people refer to child birth as a miracle.....

pretty much it for me...
WhatIsReallyReal?
WhatIsReallyReal?
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superfluousloquacity 2009-10-01, 10:18 pm

I am wise enough to know that I can't definitively say if there is a creator but simultaneously intelligent enough to know that I can't unquestionably state that there is not. The are certian truths in life which are beyond our feeble comprehensions. We are but mere animals, more sophisticated than the rest of the animal kingdom but animals none the less...murders, rape, violence all prove this to be true. I would say that I lean more towards believing that something obviously created all of this but whether that thing be an actual being or some chemical reaction...I cannot say. To me the fact that innocent children and people in this world suffer proves to me that the "omniscient God who loves all" in non existent- a made up concept that people use in order to answer questions they could otherwise not answer. I believe that there are certain morals that are more or less standards of our civilization but because we have chosen them to be...not because some higher power dictated so.
superfluousloquacity
superfluousloquacity
CAPO STATUS
CAPO STATUS

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatIsReallyReal? 2009-10-01, 10:31 pm